Hair, There & Everywhere…
Holaaa…. I just got my hair trimmed and it made me think of how important the health of a girl’s hair really is. So I wanted to pass along a few tips that I have learned over the past ten years (since I started coloring my hair WAY too early)… and hope I can get in your head, pun intended.
1. Don’t Start. If you have never colored your hair, do not start now. Your hair is gorgeous and most complementing in its natural hue. I wish I knew this when I was 13 and my mother let me dye my hair. I have been highlighted, black, bleach, a mixture of the two. I have only given up coloring in the past few months and it is really hard… but it will be worth it when my hair is completely back to its natural color.
2. Quit. If you color your hair now, try to quit. Unless you need to cover some grays, try to stop.
3. Wash less. Try to wash your hair as little as possible without it looking too greasy. You can shower and wet it, but really, 3-4 times a week should be the MAX. The natural oils that your hair produces are GOOD and keep your hair looking younger, longer!!
4. The colder, the better. Hot water dries out your hair AND your skin. Your hair will age faster and your skin will develop wrinkles from using hot water, so try to stay on the cooler side and keep the length of your shower to a minimum. (I confess, I take the LONGEST showers, EVER).
5. Cold = Shine. If you rinse your hair with cold water at the end of your shower, it will close the hair follicles and make your hair look shiny all day. This is also beneficial for your skin, cold water closes the pores and keeps toxins out and the nutrients in!
Love, Peace & The Planet Free Ur Mind Firm Hold Hairspray
7. Hot tools to a minimum. Remember, natural is beautiful. Just because stick straight hair is in right now, doesn’t mean it will be forever. Especially when you notice 5,000 hairs in your drain. If you need to run a straightener through it, do it on a low setting and quickly as possible. When the fad is out, you’ll be happy your hair still looks ‘in’.
8. Trim = Length. Many girls who want long hair, refuse to cut it. Getting a quick trim every 6 weeks will make your hair grow faster and look healthier during the process. If you don’t cut it, it will take forever to grow and look dead the entire time.
9. Warmer climates make your hair grow faster. You might notice your hair is sprouting quick right now as the temperature warms up. The winter stunts the growth of your hair, as it stunts the growth of just about everything.
10. SPF for Hair! Remember, they make hair sunscreen, so even if you are loving what the sun is doing to your length, it needs protection just like your skin. The SPF should prevent damage and color fading. Try this one:Oscar Blandi Capri Sun-Shield @ Sephora